Excellent Stores St. Lucia - Branch Supervisor
Title Branch Supervisor
Reports To Branch Manager
Location Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
Type Full Time
To contribute to the efficient operation of the branch including ensuring goods are ordered or requisitioned on a timely basis and assisting the Manager in supervising staff whilst providing excellent customer service.
- Efficiently supervise the daily operations of the branch and ensure smooth functioning of the Sales Floor.
- Process voids and clear cash tills regularly and in a timely manner.
- Approve and process any relevant discounts.
- Open and close store to ensure the hours of operation are in compliance with the company’s regulations.
- Assist in preparing for retail seasons by ensuring that products and promotional material including banners, signs are in stock.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are upheld.
- Ensure that products are properly merchandised and accurately priced and labelled.
- Ensure that products are replenished through the use of the company’s inventory system.
- Assist with ensuring that all stock, inclusive of both Branch stock and excess stock within the storeroom are accounted for, in a structured, orderly manner for cycle counting purposes.
- Assist the Manager in rostering weekly staff and train and develop staff in all areas.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and encourage others to do the same through speech, body language, dress code, willingness to assist and product knowledge.
- Be fully knowledgeable on branch services such as Event Registry, Gift Vouchers and Promotions.
- Effectively train employees in selling techniques, including cross-selling and substitutions.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for staff and customers alike.
- 5 CXC O’ Level passes including Math and English.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising employees.
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced environment is an asset.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing environments and changing priorities.
- Demonstrate initiative, recommend improvements, and take action.
- Willing to take on additional tasks.
- Self-starter, excellent initiative.
- Positive attitude – optimist.
- Proven Teamwork and cooperation, willing to take on additional tasks.
- Communication, Interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Quick Learner – gain knowledge of products and procedures in a short time frame.
- Knowledge of company procedures and products and retail operations.
- Speed and accuracy are equally important.
- Passion for retail.
- Simple merchandising skills.
- Demonstrate confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism at all times.
- Overtime may be required.
Fill application at https://www.excellentstorestt.com/careers/slu/branch-supervisor